We provide transparency of information about international health insurance by giving you tools and personalised recommendations making shopping for expatriate health insurance simple.
It would be nice to see insurance premiums remain level or even go down every year. It used to be that the two things you could be certain of in life were death and taxes – well the third one should be increasing insurance premiums every year.
With people living longer, more claiming on their private medical care plans, increasing insurance fraud, and associated increasing costs through advances in medical diagnostics and treatment insurance premiums are rising year on year. Some insurer’s annual premiums rising more than others. Here are some ways to keep your costs under control and get cheap international health insurance:
- Increase your deductible / excess / co-pay
- Pay annually
- No Claims / Small Claims discount – some insurers offer these
- Family discounts – again some insurers offer special rates for families
- Small Group discount – forming a small group can lead to sizeable discounts but you need to make sure the group is in compliance with what the insurer defines as a small group. Your broker can advise you on this
- Shop around – make sure your plan’s premium is competitive. If not you can consider changing insurer but only once you know that you would not lose any cover for existing conditions, and on a like for like basis you will receive the same cover for a lower premium. If this all looks okay check the new insurer’s history on annual premium increases so you’re not jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Never cancel any existing cover until your new cover is in place and you have reviewed everything to your complete satisfaction
- Check your cover – are you paying for benefits and extras that you don’t really need
Cheap international health insurance isn't a dream. Our international health insurance quotes start as low as $23/month. In addition, you can speak with your broker and ask them if they can negotiate or offer you a special discount.